Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Catch Up

So, let's play a little game of Catch Up.

I got my taxes done over the weekend.  If the figures are correct, I should be okay.  I might even be able to do that thing I've been thinking about for a while.

The weather has been unseasonably warm this past week, so I've turned off the heat in my apartment and opened up the windows a little.  It's so nice.

Speaking of nice, it is so great to walk out of my bedroom in the morning and see light coming into the space of my apartment.  Until this past week or so, it has been so dark, I couldn't make out my furniture except for some shadows.

I'm wearing new jeans today.  They are fitted and stretchy and I believe they make my flat ass look good.

Do you know how often you use your middle finger?  Whether it's typing, carrying your coffee cup, washing dishes, fixing your hair, pulling open doors,, etc., that finger gets a workout.  Of course, you don't really realize this until you have a giant bandage on it and can't use it.  This is why I almost always use a cutting board.


I cut finger while cooking dinner on Sunday.  It was a new recipe too.  What was I cutting, you might ask?  Butter.  Yep, just butter.  I guess it was colder than I thought.  It all happened so fast too and hurt so bad!  Luckily, the bandage makes it look worse than it actually is, the cut is on the tip of the finger.  The bandage is big to protect and provide cushion.  After all the trauma and the clean up, I went back to making dinner.  The new recipe was disappointing.

Let me continue to keep it real with you readers.  Up until last night, this was the current state of my dining room table for this past two weeks.
 

If you know me at all, you know I really hate clutter.  This is the result of a busy schedule and a run down/tired feeling.  Within the mess are things from:  my car, my first aid kit, the MK business, mail, manicure kit, coloring books and pencils, and notes to myself.  I'm happy to report that this table is mostly clean now.

I made so much progress on cleaning/organizing when I actually took time to focus on the task.  I think I spent about an hour and a half working on the table, but I got things back to where they belong, sorted through notes, mail, etc., and entered a lot of expenses, sales and miles for my MK business.  It was a very productive evening.  I think I need an assistant.  Or maybe a housekeeper.

Maybe if I actually staged my table and made it look pretty with place settings, linens, and a centerpiece, I could avoid this?

I'm on the hunt for shadow boxes.  I want to store my photos, scripts, programs, and small props from the plays I've been in. However, one photo is 18"x12".  Yikes.

1 comment:

Mrs. P said...

I'm glad your finger is okay, that you got your table cleaned off, and that your butt looks good today! :)