Monday, December 19, 2016

Weekend Recap...





This past weekend was another super busy weekend!  But, in the end, it was all amazing and totally worth it.

Friday:  While at work, the ice came.  We couldn't get the snow first, could we?  No.  Instead, we got ice.  This means that driving home was intense since I have to go down a big hill and back up a big hill to get home.  Plus, the road crews never, ever tough the road I live on.  I live in a cul de sac, which has it's benefits, except for this one thing.  When I turned onto my road, I did about 7 miles an hour and mainly just coasted to my building.  I ended up having to park on the street because my driveway is up a hill that hadn't gotten treated yet, so I walked up the hill in the grass to get inside.

The Friday night performance for my play was cancelled due to the weather.  It was so disappointing, even though I did understand the reasons behind the cancellation.  I just really enjoyed doing the show and we were getting great feedback.  So, I loaded up my car and headed to my parents' house for the night and baked the dessert items I was to bring to our family Christmas dinner the next day.

Saturday:  I slept in, which is rare these days.  When I work up, it was a "we need to leave in an hour" kind of morning, so there was no peaceful coffee for me.  My family and I traveled on the only slightly clearer roads to our extended family Christmas dinner.  We had about half the attendance we usually have, but it was still a good visit with lots of yummy food!  We came home a little early and my dad was nice enough to drive me to the theater for the show.  It felt good to be back in the theater and to put on another performance.  We have an audience of 35 people venture out, which is a lot more than I expected.  That night was a quick one it seems because I went to bed around 10 pm.  It snowed about an inch that night too.

Sunday:  This day was one to enjoy a peaceful cup of coffee in the morning.  However, I couldn't be idle for too long because we had our final performance of the show at 2 pm.  We had our largest audience and our best run of the entire two weeks on Sunday.  It was awesome and felt so good to go out with a bang!  Once we took down the set and cleaned everything up, the cast and crew went out for some awesome pizza to celebrate.  This experience was one that really pushed me out of my comfort zone and I am so happy I did it. 

When I came home Sunday evening, it felt so weird to realize that my evenings would return to normal after 8 weeks of rehearsals and performances.  It was also kind of sad.  After I got everything put away, I put on a revitalizing face mask (day makeup, theater makeup, and multiple washings can really dry out the skin), and turned on LOTR The Two Towers to chill.  It was an early night, although there is still a ton of stuff I need to get done by Tuesday evening.  I work Wednesday and Thursday evening and then it's time for Christmas activities!


1 comment:

Little Bits of Lovely said...

Like I always say, there's nothing quite like watching LOTR to feel like yourself again. I hope you have a wonderful week!