Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekend Recap...



This past weekend was awesome!  It was one of those rare weekends this time of year where I didn't have to work or run anywhere.  I had a big long list of things I wanted to get done around my apartment.  Things I have been completely distracted by.

Friday:  On Thursday, I had a feeling I should look at the schedule app we have for my part time job.  It's a good thing I did too, because my original plans to sit on the couch with Melody and a bottle of wine were wiped out due to work.  However, I do appreciate the extra hours; I do have gifts to buy and bills to pay.  I closed that night, so I came home around 10 pm and almost instantly fell asleep.

Saturday:  Melody had an early grooming appointment and while she was there, I cleaned my apartment and got some gift supplies at Michael's.  I also ran to the grocery store and only spent $10.27!  That's a big deal to me.  I finished my current book and started another.  I'm only one book away from accomplishing my goal!  I know there were a few other little things I did that day, but I can't remember them right now.  In the evening I cooked dinner and welcomed Mr. and Mrs. P for perhaps the most important task of the weekend; helping me memorize my lines.  After a lot of laughter, two bottles of wine, and a fair share of curse words, I am pretty confident in my ability to go to rehearsal without using my book.  There are three places I have trouble with, so I will concentrating on those extra hard.

Sunday:  Another productive day that included ironing, organizing (finally!) my freezer and pantry cabinet, putting away my patio umbrella, reading a lot, and cooking an appetizer for a training session I had at work.  I decided to take the afternoon easy since I had accomplished so much.  It felt so good to finally get these tasks crossed off my to-do list.  Now, they aren't nagging at me anymore.

How was your weekend?

No comments: