Monday, October 24, 2016

Weekend Recap...



It was surely an eventful weekend around here.  What about you?

Friday:  During the day, I received awesome news.  I got the lead in a play I auditioned for!!  My schedule is about to receive a major overhaul!  After taking care of a few things around the house, Melody and I went to the park to cheer on some friends in their final kickball game of the year.  It was a lot of fun to watch and the weather was nice is cold.  I even had to fill in for someone for the last inning.  Luckily, I was only on the field for about 5 minutes.  :)

Saturday:  I worked in the morning.  I really love this part time job I have.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous too, so after running errands, I took Melody on lots of walks throughout the afternoon/evening.  Then, I spent some quality time with my crochet project.  It's possible that this thing will not make it to the intended recipients.  I may end up keeping this thing for myself.  There was a time on Saturday when I didn't realize I was tired until I woke up from a nap.  Apparently, I had fallen asleep for about an hour and a half.  Shocker.

Sunday:  Again, the weather was gorgeous, so I spent a relaxing morning with my dog and my coffee.  After lunch, I met some friends at a local winery for bloody Marys.  That was a lot of fun, even though I was stung by a bee, a fly fell in my drink and died, and the wind blew my last piece of salami on the ground.  Still a good time.  Later that day, Mrs. P was able to come over and I believe we were each so super excited.  Although we chat almost every day, we hadn't seen each other since we went to the symphony last month.  We had such a blast watching chick flicks, crocheting, and talking the whole night.  We accept the fact that we may be old ladies. 


It was such a great weekend and I was sure to enjoy every minute of free time because I know that the rest of the year is going to be packed with rehearsals/work/family events/shows.  It'll be great though!

No comments: