Monday, August 29, 2016

Weekend Recap...


As promised, we are back to regular posts, beginning with this week's Weekend Recap.

Friday:  I started my cleaning job up again Friday evening.  It felt good to do something physical.  However, the couple I clean for keeps their huge house at around 78-80 degrees, so I was seriously sweating by the time I was done.  When I got home, I poured a big glass of wine and baked cookies for Saturday.  Thankfully, I remembered to make the dough on Thursday so it would be ready to go for Friday.

Saturday:  I got up really early (6 am!) for a Saturday and headed to a local park, where Melody and I competed in our first ever 5K!  The event was a pet expo that supported local no kill shelters and we had a blast.  Some friends joined us and we walked the 5K, but we finished.  Bonus--we didn't come in last!!  We were 6th from the last though.  :)  It was so exiting, I want to do more things like this.  Melody was such a trooper, I was so proud of her. 

In the evening, my family went to a BBQ, which is why I baked cookies on Friday.  The BBQ was so much fun!  We had a great time hanging out with great people, enjoyed delicious food, and awesome music.  There was a live one-man-band that did an excellent job.  I got home a little later than I wanted, but still had a good time.

Sunday:  I went in to work for a few hours at my part-time job.  It was my first time opening, and we had a really busy day.  I learned a lot of things and didn't sit down (or even lean) for over 4 hours.  Luckily, I didn't have to work the whole day, so I got to go to my parents' place to relax for a little while before going home.  When I did make it back home, I was immediately aggravated.  The air conditioner was set at 64 degrees when I left on Saturday and after a full 24+ hours of running with the blinds closed, it was still almost 80 degrees in my apartment.  Needless to say, I left a somewhat desperate message on the office answering machine.  This is the third time I've called them on this.  It needs to get fixed. 

After dinner, I worked on another craft project and have something else done for the wedding.  I'm getting things done and this makes me happy.  It felt really good to get my craft supplies picked up and put away for a little bit.  Although, soon, everything will be back out again.  At the end of the night, there was a big moment.  I tossed away all of my old bras that don't fit me anymore since my reduction surgery.  That was a very big moment and it felt really good to do that.  Now, I just need to replace them all.  :)

No comments: