Monday, June 13, 2016

Weekend Recap...


This past weekend, I decided I need a "stay-cation". It's been an incredibly busy and exhausting 2 months.


Friday: We had a big event for the college I work for during the day. After spending all day outside, it was nice to come home and relax in the air conditioning. The temperature broke 95 degrees on Friday and only got hotter during the weekend. Needless to say, I only spent time outside to walk the dogs and water my plants.

Saturday:
I've picked up a side job cleaning the house of an older couple this summer. On Saturday morning, I spent 1.5 hours pruning the plants in one flower bed. They looked really good after I was finished. Then, it was time to clean the inside of the house. Luckily, I didn't have to do it all as another person was there to help. I'll say this though, I've had to scrub spots on the carpet in the same places every single week and I am officially sick of that. Seriously. It's a losing battle. After working, I went to welcome my parents home after they were gone for the week helping my sister. Later that night, Mrs. P stopped by and we ended up having an awesome girls night that lasted until 2 am. It was so nice to sit and talk with her.

Sunday: The only productive thing that got done on Sunday was laundry. It was the hottest day of the year so far, so I didn't spend any time outside that was unnecessary. The day was really a lazy day. When I got home, I watered my plants (I have 4 little tomatoes!) and pruned them. That took quite a while, but they are cleaned up now. I did try this finally:


Disappointed. It barely did anything to the skin on my feet except make it a little easier to take the dead skin off with a pumice stone. Plus, it turned my feet and toenails blue. Luckily, I was able to clean them off in the shower. I may or may not try this technique again.


No comments: