Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekend Recap...


I think spring is trying to make an appearance around here. The weather this past weekend was incredible, even if it was a little windy. Okay, blustery.

Friday: I had plans to meet a friend for drinks and munchies after work, but she got sick, so it was a lazy night for me. After eating a frozen pizza, I ended up falling asleep on the couch at 8:00 pm while watch The Hobbit. I ended up going to bed at 9:30 and slept solid until 10 the next morning. Apparently, I was tired.

Saturday: After working throughout the week, I typically use Saturdays as "my day". A day to relax and do whatever I please. On this particular Saturday, I had a very leisurely morning then took Melody for a walk on the trail. It felt so nice to get back on the trail and many other people had the same idea, but it was still peaceful. We ended up walking 4 miles. I only know it was this long because they have now put mile markers along the trail to track the distance. I figured Melody would be tired when we got home. She only rested for about 20 minutes and was playing again. Silly puppy. I turned the heat off during the day and opened up windows. I love having the fresh air coming in. The rest of Saturday was so relaxing. I didn't make plans or go anywhere...and it was nice.


Sunday: Since I don't usually do much on Saturdays, I use Sundays to get back into the swing of things and get chores done. I did some laundry and cleaned my apartment in the morning. I woke up at 8 am that day. I guess I got my beauty sleep the night before. :) In the afternoon, I went to a new winery not too far away with my parents and some friends of ours. It was pretty cool, I could only imagine what it looks like when the trees are all in bloom. It's always cool to spend a day outdoors. When I got home, I took care of a few minor things before mentally preparing for the week.

How was your weekend?

No comments: