Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekend Recap...




Good morning! We are at Day 27 of coming into the office early. And today is tough. I'm not feeling all that great, I'm really tired, and I don't feel like dealing with people today. That's not going to work well.

However, the weekend was great.

Friday: The weather over the weekend was unusually warm (60s and 70s). When I got home from work, I took Melody for a walk/jog, then spent the rest of the night doing housekeeping. I hired a student to clean my apartment while I sorted through paperwork, took care of some bills, and did laundry. Totally worth it! I got a lot done. While folding my last load around 10 pm, the entire block lost power for a couple minutes. It was really weird because our buildings have 4 large security lights on them and with those out, it was really dark. Luckily, the power came back on very quickly. I was exhausted though by the time I got to bed.

Saturday: I work up at 7:30 am and immediately thought, "Oh, hell no." and turned over and went back to sleep until 8:30. It was really nice to enjoy coffee and breakfast with the windows and doors open. The light that comes into my apartment is so lovely, I just kept walking around to take it in since I don't get to really see it during the week. I met with another MK lady to discuss new products and upcoming events in the morning. The afternoon was spent walking/jogging with Melody and a nice relaxing few hours before I went out for dinner and drinks.

Sunday: This was another day of waking up early unintentionally. I woke up at 7 am this time, but rolled over and went back to sleep until 8. Then, it was another peaceful day of beautiful weather and relaxation. In the afternoon, I made a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up a few items I needed and then cooked dinner. While it was cooking, I made a new breakfast recipe to try that I will share with you later this week. It seems I cooked a lot last night.

Now, the weather is back to normal, which means I had to close the windows and turn the heat back on. How was your weekend?

No comments: