Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekend Recap...


Wow, what a busy weekend. By Sunday, I was exhausted.

Friday: After a long week at work, I left early to spend some time with my dog before going to a trivia night fundraiser for St. Jude's. I didn't know what I was expecting, but I was not expecting 54 tables of 8 people, all with their own display of snacks and drinks! This thing was huge! There was also a raffle for prizes that you could purchase tickets for. Our table got 45/60 points. I totally rocked the "name the movie this song is from" category. I knew 8 of the 10 and the others at the table filled in the blanks. It was so much fun and I learned a lot of new facts. It was also a late night.

Saturday: I had an early morning (9:30 am) appointment about some part-time work. It went well, but I'm still waiting to hear back. I was the first of about 3 people to interview. Afterwards, I turned on the 90s pop music and cleaned house. Then it was time to prepare for dinner. I had the Ps over for dinner and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Monopoly. Mrs. P, her husband, and their youngest son came and we had some delicious lasagna and homemade oatmeal cream pies. So yummy! Monopoly is always fun to play, although, I never, ever win. That night, I lost so spectacularly it was quite comical. I lost to a 9 year old.

Sunday:
After such long nights and busy days, by Sunday, I didn't feel like doing anything. I got out of the house to take Melody to be groomed though. She needed it really badly, but she looks all pretty again! And, she is super soft and fluffy. I don't know how they do it, but I like it. The rest of the day was spent doing almost nothing. I napped some and baked a breakfast bread to eat for breakfast this week. It was a new recipe and I was unsure if it would be good. An update coming soon. Other than that, I did nothing all day, and it was nice.

How was your weekend?

No comments: