Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Ten on Tuesday



1. I thought these posts needed a button graphic. So I made one. It will probably change in the future.

2. I have learned that the city does not touch the roads in my neighborhood with plows, salt, or cinders. Nothing. Instead we have to deal with ice, slush, and snow. Thankfully (?) it has rained today so that will clear most of the mess up.

3. The budget is doing alright so far this month. Sure, it's a short month, but still. I think I have only eaten out once this month and I have been lucky with my groceries, so my kitchen is ready for some cooking.

4. According to Goodreads, I'm falling behind on my challenge. When I started this current book, I was two books ahead of schedule; now I'm only one ahead. This book is really good though, just really long.

5. Today marks Day 17 of me arriving to work early. I'm trying to make this a habit. Its often said that it takes 21 days to form a new habit, so I felt like there was light at the end of the tunnel. However, based on information from a study in this article from the Huffington Post, it may take something more like 66 days before the new habit feels natural. That tunnel just got darker.

6. So, I often go to the humor page on Pinterest for some laughter. Can I just say that it's been incredibly disappointing recently?

7. Have you ever had a project at work that you could finish completely in a couple days if only you were in control of it, only to have it take weeks because of other people involved? It's incredibly frustrating.

8. Because there is always room for dessert:


9. I am so sleepy. Still need some time to recharge after last week/weekend. Too bad I couldn't take the week off of work.

10. And because I wanted a picture of a hot guy...here's Chris Pine.

No comments: