Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Ten on Tuesday

1. When did we transition from the phrase "exercise" to "work out"? How often do you hear anyone say, "I'm going to exercise tonight?" Now, you hear, "I'm going to work out." These are the kinds of thoughts that go through my mind.

2. According to the Sorting Hat, I would be placed in Hufflepuff. After reading the description, yep, it sounds about right.

3. So far, I've got two new recipes to share with you. There will be a new segment here on the blog soon!

4. I jogged 1/4 of a mile yesterday without stopping. I know some of you are like, "Big deal". No really, this is a very big deal. And it was cold, so I had a cough all night.


5. I'm on Day 11 of getting to work early. I've been getting up earlier and coming into the office 30 minutes early for a few reasons: 1) to beat most of the morning traffic, 2) to stop oversleeping and rushing in the morning, and 3) to avoid stupid college students running out in front of cars on their way to class despite the safety measures put in place specifically for them (...and caused by them too!). My mornings have been a lot less stressed these days too. That's a bonus.

6. Very true. Melody dances.


7. My grocery budget for January was completely shot to hell last week, so I took advantage of the opportunity to restock some items in my kitchen. Now, the real test begins.

8. I made these Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies over the weekend; as seen on Sally's Baking Addiction. I didn't get any photos, but they were delicious. Although, incredibly rich.

9. The construction in the hallway at work is getting serious. The noise hasn't been too bad, though. They've been nice enough to keep the doors closed in the rooms they are working in.

10. It's hard to believe that January is already over. That went fast.

No comments: