Monday, January 25, 2016

Weekend Recap...


I hope you all had a great weekend. I did, it was some parts productive and some parts relaxing. I would love for you to share in the comments what your weekend included. Please?

Friday: I came home that night to chill, like I usually do on Fridays. But, first, I had to stop and get some wine because I had none and felt like having a little drink. Okay, almost a whole bottle. Who cares? Anyway, moving on. That night, I finished book #4 for the year! My goal is to read 36 and I've gotten a great start for the year. It was the 8th book in the Shopaholic series. There was some redemption and I wasn't completely disappointed. However, it was about 100 pages longer than it needed to be because she kept dragging things out. After that, Melody and I spent some quality time with blankets and movies.

Saturday: After a nice leisurely morning, I decided to try a new recipe for breakfast muffins. If you recall from this post, I tend to eat out for breakfast a lot so I'm looking for ways to stop doing that. Since this was the first time I've ever tried this recipe, the process took a while, especially since I made homemade hash browns. This experience will get a post of its own. I also made two pillows I have been meaning to make for months. I made one for my office chair, and one for my bed from some leftover fabric. Yay! Now, I could finally put away my sewing machine and basket. Also, I should let you know that this entire weekend consisted of Disney movies only. You're never too old for Disney movies. I even decided to watch some I hadn't seen in a while and it was fun.


Sunday: Pretty much the only productive thing I did on Sunday was laundry. Four loads to be exact. Since I decided to use the machine in my building, this task ended up taking a few hours because we only have one washer and one dryer available for 6 people. This doesn't make since to me, especially since the room is big enough for two each. I did make my favorite pork chops in the crockpot for dinner and spent the rest of the day with my dog and more movies. A look at my to-do list later that night indicated that I have many projects I have been putting off for some reason or another and it's time to tackle them. That should be the goal of this week.

No comments: