Monday, October 5, 2015

Weekend Recap...


This past weekend was a busy one.  But, then again, I remembered that fall has arrived and with fall comes something planned pretty much ever single weekend until the end of the year.

Friday:  Friday was my Dad's birthday plus a friend's birthday.  After leaving work a little early because it was such a nice day, I met my friend and a small group for appetizers to help her celebrate.  Then, it was one to my parents' house to celebrate with Dad.  I got to have Dad's awesome chili for dinner and enjoyed the nice cool evening surrounded by people (and animals) I love.

Saturday:  My mom and I went to the annual craft festival we go to each year.  I got a lot of inspiration and also picked up my first Christmas present purchase for the year.  We had a blast and really enjoyed the morning together.  After lunch at home, the three of us went to a local winery for the afternoon.  The wine was tasty, the music was great, and the company was better.  The weather was so perfect on Saturday. 

Sunday:  After sleeping in and enjoying a fresh homemade breakfast, I spent a few hours helping my Dad with some fall time chores around the house.  We accomplished a lot in a few hours, but my favorite was repairing some birdhouses that the squirrels have really destroyed.  I hope our efforts have a positive outcome next spring.  Late in the afternoon, I curled up on the couch with my mom to watch the new version of Cinderella.  I was afraid that it would have been a big flop or that it would "try to hard" to be great.  Instead, I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the movie very much.  As a member of the Disney Movie Club, the video is now part of my movie library. 

What did you do this weekend?

No comments: