Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Ten on Tuesday

1.  My parents and I traveled last week to Ohio to visit some family.  It was a fantastic trip, but it was also a go-go-go kind of trip, so I am exhausted.

2.  Fair warning:  the trip between St. Louis and Indianapolis is so extremely b...o...r...i...n...g. 

3.  Little did I know when I got my hair cut before the trip, that my sister and I would have the same hair style.  The only difference being that we part our hair on opposite sides.  In fact, she and I have a lot more in common than I thought, and that is terrific.

4.  Here is the blanket I crocheted for my niece who turned two while we were there:






5.  At one point, we were all sitting around the fire, enjoying the cool weather, when the family started singing along with the radio.  While looking at this picture, image a beautiful harmony of Bill Withers's Lean on Me.



6.  Two books I ordered came in while I was gone and I have already started making progress on one of them.  I am 5 books behind schedule on my challenge.  I really do not want to fail at this reading goal, so I am going to try and work really hard to get it completed.  I just ordered two more.

7.  I haven't been impressed with the movies in theaters lately.  Something's got to give.

8.  While in Ohio, I got to try a new winery.  I brought two bottles home for my wine rack, but I have a feeling they won't last very long.  Wine in my place never does.


9.  Do you ever have times when you are just sick and tired of waiting?  I feel like that's all I've done lately in my professional world.  No matter how hard I try, what tactics I use, no matter what I do, I'm always waiting.  How do you overcome that?  Seriously, I could use some advice.

10.   The first day of fall is only 8 days away!

No comments: