Monday, August 31, 2015

Weekend Recap...


It's been a little quiet around here. Don't worry, nothing really big has been happening.  I do have things I want to share, but I just haven't sat down to get the words out.  It was a great weekend though.

Friday:  I made some homemade salsa for the first time on Friday evening.  It was delicious too and would serve as an appetizer to my Sweatpants Dinner on Saturday.  Afterward, I was looking through my movies and trying to decide what to watch when there was a knock at my door.  I was a little surprised to see my neighbor from downstairs there.  She needed my help.  There was a frog in her living room and she is very afraid of frogs.  This was at 9 pm.  I kind a laughed (but privately).  I did manage to get the frog out and she was very thankful.  In all my years of growing up in the country, I have never experienced a frog in the house. 

Saturday:  A friend and I took our dogs to a local park for a walk and the 3rd annual pet expo.  It was a lot of fun and we each got a bag full of samples.  The bag was a reusable shopping tote, so that brings my total count to 26 bags. While grocery shopping on Friday, I noticed that some of them are starting to rip.  :(  When I got home, I ended up taking a nap because I have been really tired lately and I don't really know why.  Then, it was time to clean the house and cook for the Sweatpants Dinner.  The theme was Mexican, so I made creamy chicken enchiladas, a Mexican rice casserole, chips and salsa, and sopapillas for dessert.  Yum! Two friends came over to eat and after dinner we decided to play Battle of the Sexes.  This particular game took over 3 hours to finish.  We were all exhausted.  I finally made it to bed shortly before 1 am.

Sunday:  This ended up being a completely lazy day.  I didn't get out of bed until about 10:30 am.  Then I spent most of the day finishing my book.  I finally got dressed to go to the store for laundry and dishwasher detergent at 4 pm.  Then I managed to do my laundry and work on my current crochet project.  Pretty lazy day.

How was your weekend?

No comments: