Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekend Recap...


I still can't believe that it's into August already.  This year has gone by super fast.  Or at least, it feels that way.  Did you have a good weekend?  Did you do anything exciting?  Mine was nice, but wasn't all exciting.

Friday:  I went to my parents after work and got to see my Melody again.  She's been staying with them while I get my apartment all set up and ready for her.  I missed her so much and I think she missed me too.  Dad made his awesome spaghetti for dinner and I got to watch the birds while sitting on the patio.  It was very nice.

Saturday:  I love lazy days.  It's great when you get to sleep in, enjoy a couple cups of coffee, and take it easy all day.  Besides laundry, I didn't really do anything until it was time for Bingo.  The crowd was smaller this time, so we thought we might have a good chance of winning.  Nope.  It was still fun though, even though the machine stopped working twice and the caller was very slow.  It's always fun to support two great causes.

Sunday:  My mom and I decided to go out for some shopping and pedicures.  We both forgot that it was tax-free weekend and the crowds were kind of bad.  We actually had to wait 2.5 hours for a pedicure!  We never have to wait longer than 15 minutes.  We didn't even get our feet done at the same time, so while I was waiting for Mom, I decided to go down to Barnes and Noble to see if they had a particular book.  Nope.  They didn't even carry the author in the store, so I will be ordering from the marketplace so I can continue the series once I am done with Wurthering Heights.

I am house sitting for my parents this week as they are going out of town.  It just so happens that the neighbors are out of town too and my Dad has been managing their garden.  So, I got the full run down of garden maintenance, flower watering, and doggie duties.  Yes, it seemed as though I have never done any of those things before and was very, very comical.  :)


1 comment:

Katrin said...

Hope you can get that book soon! I hate waiting for books! :)) What do you want to read? I need to go to the bookstore as well!