Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Weekend Recap...





I had a three day weekend that had nothing to do with a holiday!  However, my Friday was pretty busy.


Friday:  With my home town's annual festival comes the all-town garage sale.  We haven't had one in three years (I know this because that's when I moved out) and it was time to put on together.  I spent time last weekend preparing and then spent 12 hours on Friday working my sale.  Unlike most people, we only do the sale one day because we do so much better that way.  We didn't advertise in the paper this year, but I think we still had a good turn out.  I always enjoy working the garage sale, even if it is exhausting.  When my sale was over, my mom and I ran to the sale of an old neighbor's and I found a set of holly print Christmas dishes for a very reasonable price, along with a basket and a muffin tin.  I absolutely love holly print Christmas decorations.  They are so pretty without being overstated.  Friday was also my mom's birthday!  Happy Birthday Mom!

Saturday:  The morning and afternoon was spent watching the birds and reading my book.  I got a lot of reading done.  We decided to use Saturday evening to celebrate my mom's birthday, so we went out to dinner to a really nice restaurant.  I had a very delicious pork chop dinner (the chop was huge!) and ate every last bit of it.  I also ran into some people I used to work with when I was in the hospitality industry.  That happens frequently.  It was so nice to have a relaxing evening with my parents and to celebrate the occasion. 

Sunday:  More reading.  In fact, that's what I did pretty much all day.  I actually finished my book.  I was also able to watch Into the Woods.  Finally.  I have been wanting to see this since before it came out in theaters.  However, I had to wait for it to come out on video.  I enjoyed the movie as a whole, but was a little disappointed in one particular story line.  It sort of just dropped off.  Dad grilled a delicious pork steak dinner before I headed out.  On the way home, I was able to drop some donations off at our local Goodwill before going home to prepare for my week.  I had every intention to get some organizing done, but that didn't happen.  Instead, that is how I will be spending my evenings this week.


No comments: