Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I finally had my annual evaluation done at work.  They were due 5 weeks ago.  It was good though.

2.  Two hours on Sunday is what it took for me to plant my flowers.  They look so good!  I want more though.

3.  The plan is to go to a MLB game this weekend, but they are calling for heavy rain on the day we are going.  I hope it doesn't rain.  I won't go if it does.  I really like sporting events, but not enough to sit in the rain.  However, this causes a problem because it's my grandma's birthday present.

4.  I decided I needed a daily reminder that I would carry with me all day to keep me motivated for my red jacket.  For this, I went nostalgic.  I still have a lot of the supplies I used for friendship bracelets.  So far, this has served its purpose.  Now, I need to get my red jacket before this falls off.  :)


5.  Over the weekend, I watched a movie I haven't seen in almost 20 years.  I still had it memorized.  Fun fact, I didn't realize it came out in 1961.  Watching it now, there were definitely clues to it's time.  Another fun fact, my dog that runs to the windows whenever a local dog barks was not at all interested in the "Twilight Bark" on the television. 


6.  I learned a couple days ago that a friend from high school has breast cancer.  You all, she is only 30 years old.  And she has a set of twins under the age of 2.  She's strong in her faith and the treatment program, but a few extra prayers would be great!

7.  The end of my book is getting closer.  The light at the end of the tunnel is a little brighter.  I'm planning out my next books.  I need a few that I can read quickly to get caught back up.

8.  Yesterday, I saw that Hallmark is making a movie based on a book from one of my favorite authors/series.  After reading the story, I'm not sure I want to see it.  The casting is all wrong.  As much as I like Alison Sweeny, the main character of the story is chubby with frizzy red hair and Alison is neither of those things.  Even the mother and the love interest is just all wrong.  If you are going to make a movie based on a book, at least stay true to the character descriptions.  I know my curiosity will get the best of me though and I will most likely watch it.  

9.  My fingernails have been really thin and fragile lately.  Does anyone have any idea what could cause this?

10.  I can't think of a 10th item this week, so I'm just going to leave it at that. :)

No comments: