Thursday, March 12, 2015

Public Service Announcement: Don't Be Rude

Seriously, I've said it before and I will say it again...one thing I truly hate is when someone does not even acknowledge that you have reached out to them.  You send a text, place a call and leave a message, send a special note, and not a single response.  I don't care if your response is something like, "I'll get back to you", "I'm not interested", "Thanks for the information", etc.  At least say something.

25 Of The Best Catchphrases In Television History

When you completely ignore the person who took time out of their day to talk to you specifically, it's not only really rude and disrespectful, but also very inconsiderate of that person's feelings.  How would you feel if you wanted to talk to someone or needed something and they completely ignored you?  I understand that we live in a world of "busyness".  Hell, I've uttered the phrase, "I've been busy" a time or two (or more).  However, we also live in a world of constant connection.  It takes less than 2 minutes to reply to a message, leave a voice mail, or send a text.  How do I know this?  Because I've done it myself.  Did you know that when you place a call from your cell phone, there is a timer that appears on the screen that shows how long that call lasted?  Many people are convinced that they are excellent multi-taskers.  The myth of multi-tasking is a topic for another day, but with this mentality in mind, did you know that you can send a text while doing something as simple as sitting on the toilet?  Not pleasant to think about, but it's true.  People do it all the time.  If they tell you they don't, they are probably lying.

DYWYHSM: new favourite super mean bluntcards

Even when I have been really upset with someone, even angry beyond belief, I have at least responded to them within the day.  Not three days later, not a week later.  Within 24-48 hours.  It's so quick and easy to respond to someone, even if it is just to say, "Let me get back to you on this".  This applies to your professional life, as well as your personal life.  What if that person who contacted you is waiting on your response in order to move on the the next step?  What if they really need your help?  What if the situation was reversed?  How would you feel?

As you can see, this subject is one that I feel very strongly about.  Enough so, that I have dedicated a whole blog post to this topic.  I try to remain pleasant, patient, and understanding, but in all honesty, this really pisses me off.  It's just so disrespectful.  If this behavior is the way of the future, we are all completely screwed.  Please, consider this the next time someone reaches out to you.

10 amazing qualities children can learn from their parents at the36thavenue.com #parenting #kids


No comments: