Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Weekend Recap...



I'm doing my weekend recap on Tuesday this week because I didn't do a thing yesterday.  Why?  Because it was a Snow Day!!!  I love snow days.  We got enough snow that the campus where I work decided to close for the day.  Awesome!!

Friday:  I went to my parents for the weekend and Friday night was like most Friday nights.  A lot of relaxing after the long week and not much else.  I did enjoy wine and some quality time with HGTV.  I don't have that in my apartment and I love to watch some shows on that station.

Saturday:  It was an early morning; not too bad though.  I got my taxes done and I am so happy to finally have them done.  I've been ready since about the second week of January.  My accountant is so relaxed and patient and very, very helpful.  The best part?  I get a refund!  Yippee!  While I was getting my taxes done, my dad was nice enough to take my car to get the tires rotated.  Thanks, Daddy!  After a nice relaxing afternoon, it was Bingo night!  The crowd was a record breaking 57 people that night.  That's a big deal and everything supports two good causes in my hometown.  I didn't win, but our table had a blast.

Sunday:  I taught a skin care class in the afternoon; thanks Mrs. P for hosting!!  It was a lot of fun and I got some sales, bookings, and referrals from it!  Yay!  I very productive afternoon.  The news kept warning us of snow to start around 3 in the afternoon, but by 5 pm, we still didn't have anything, so I took that as my chance to get home before it started.  Did anyone else watch SNL 40?  I thought a lot of it was funny, but some of it fell short.  It brought back so many memories though from when I used to watch it all the time.

I never believe the weather until I see it, so win I received a message at 6 am on Monday that campus had been closed, I looked outside and was so happy to see about 5 inches of snow!  It was so pretty!  I really like snow.  It's not something I particularly like to drive in, but I really do like snow.  My favorite thing about snow days is just how peaceful they are.  Not many people are out and about, and everything is quiet.  Even the sound of falling snow is quiet.  So, I got to enjoy the Today Show, Rachael Ray, and Friends.  It was a great day!

2 comments:

Katrin said...

I never played Bingo but I would love to. It looks like fun! Hope you enjoyed watching lots of Friends! Such a great show!

Mrs. P said...

I'm glad the party turned out so well for you. I can't wait to get my new makeup! :)