Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hello 2015!

Wait...what?  What?  No way.  It's been over a month?  What?

I promise I did not fall off the face of the earth.  I'm still here.  The best way to describe the past few weeks:  stressed.  Let's recap.  Do you think I can keep it short and sweet?  Doubt it.


I had a terrific holiday!  I was able to take a few days off of work, which is always nice.  My usual week long vacation had to be split up this time because of some scheduling conflicts, but I was still able to enjoy my time off.  It's always nice to spend time with family around the holidays.  I received multiple gift cards to Barnes and Noble, which is super exciting because I ordered 9 books and 8 of them have arrived.  My reading list is growing!  I spent NYE by myself at home with Melody.  She was a great date until she got into my Mary Kay bag and destroyed a couple of my brushes.  I now have to keep this bag either in a chair or in the closet because she will dig for those brushes.

Speaking of books, my reading challenge for this year is 50 books.  I couldn't make it through 38 books last year, so we will see how it goes.  I've completed 4 so far, which is a big deal for a slow reader like me and I am into my 5th book.  According to Goodreads, I am 1 book ahead of schedule!  I'm hoping that since some of the books I want to read I have already read before, I will be able to accomplish this goal.  Let's be friends!  You can find me here.  My bookcase at home is running out of space.  That's exciting!

I single crocheted an afghan for Mrs. P for Christmas and that project consumed all of my free time.  I was so happy I could make it for her though and judging by her reaction, I think she liked it too!  The final measurements were 58" by 84".  I'm so proud of the accomplishment, especially since I was basically self-taught.  As exciting as it was, I was so happy to be done with it.  :)  I know Melody was too.



A couple years ago, I fully accepted my body the way it was.  It's strong and curvy, even if it is a little overweight. Okay, a lot overweight.  I'm proportioned and carry it well.  I also hide my weight well for someone who is only 5'2".  However, I have recently decided that I am so over feeling uncomfortable in many clothes.  Particularly around the thighs and the breasts.  Seriously, I can get so uncomfortable sometimes, it's not even funny.  I created a simple workout program that outlines specific workouts 5 days a week.  I only just started last night, so we will see if I stick to it.  I haven't in the past, but maybe this time will be different?  (That's hopeful thinking.)  I kept it really simple and full of activities I enjoy.  On Monday, I didn't do the specific exercises I planned, but I did do a 20 minute workout.  At least I actually did something instead of saying "screw it" and sitting on my ass, like I usually do every Monday.

I wrote out my to-do list one day just to get everything out of my head.  After I finished it, it was so long, I ended up having to split it up into 4 different categories.  I think there were over 50 items on the original list.  This resulted in 4 different to-do lists.  That's alright though.  Once I had everything organized, I was able to get a lot of things done.  I've been working on this since Christmas and most of what I have left requires me to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.  Of course, this is what's left because after sitting at a computer for 8 hours during the day, the last thing I want to do when I get home is sit in front of a computer.  Also, I can think of better things to do on my weekends.  However, these projects need to get completed in order for me to make progress, so I think this weekend I will finally buckle down and get them done. Especially since I am motivated by crossing things off a list and I am so sick and tired of seeing the same projects over and over again on my list.  (Hopefully)

Last month, I made the decision not to renew my lease in my current apartment.  The rent was going up again and 1) the space isn't worth that much, and 2) I couldn't afford it.  So, I have been looking for a new place to live come the end of summer.  This has been an incredibly stressful process because everything I can afford either 1) doesn't accept dogs or 2) is in an unsafe neighborhood. Also, my credit is terrible.  What sucks the most about this is not just the budget, but the fact that since I live in a college town, this is the same time that all of the students are moving.  Sigh.  I found a great place thanks to a tip from a fellow MK consultant and I received a message yesterday that I've been accepted, so I am trying to work out the details to secure the space.  Fingers crossed that I can get this taken care of by the end of the week.  That would be a huge relief.

My patio door in my apartment had such a huge draft that every time the wind blew, my vertical blinds would do the wave.  Even the maintenance crew was surprised with how bad the draft was.  Now, I am very happy to say that the door has been replaced with a brand-spanking-new one!  It's incredible.  It's a beautiful white (instead of the ugly brown) and does not have a single draft.  It's been framed in nicely too.  I'm the only one in my building with a new door and that makes me smile.  I'm hoping this will save on energy costs now.  Seriously, it's amazing!


I think that's enough for now.  Thanks for sticking around.  We should be back on track now.


No comments: