Monday, December 22, 2014

Weekend Recap...Festivities




How was your weekend?  Are you all ready for Christmas this week?  Can you believe that Christmas is Thursday?  I'm completely blown away.  This past weekend was full of festivities. 

Friday:  I left work early (after some negotiating) to take care of some personal business and to finish up the shopping.  After 3 hours, I still forgot something.  It's just a frame, so it will be okay.  That night, it was the annual tractor parade in my hometown.  The young farmers decorate their tractors and trailers for Christmas with lights and scenes and it is unbelievable!  It's also a lot of fun to watch the kids get excited.  On my way home, I turned the wrong way and ended up watching the parade again as they were finishing the route.  Bonus!

Saturday:  I have been feeling a little off, so I got myself some elderberry syrup and ended up sleeping until 10:30 am.  That's quite the feat at my parents' house.  :)  Dad made a big breakfast like he normally does and then I spent the rest of the day working on a project.  That evening, we all got dressed, picked up my Grandma, went to dinner at a terrific Mexican restaurant and then went to a very nice neighborhood to cruise and look at the light displays.  These house are huge and have some beautiful displays.  After that, we headed to the Magic Tree. I get to see this every week from the Mary Kay studio, but this was a chance to see it up close.  It's so pretty!


Sunday:  I didn't do anything all day except watch Christmas movies and work on my project.  I eventually made it home to wrap while Melody insisted I throw her ball at the same time.  That was quite the workout.  I have to pick up something tonight and am waiting for one more gift to be delivered, but other than that, all of the presents are wrapped and under the tree.  They looks so pretty!  I also baked cookies for my people at work and it was a new recipe that I have never tried before.  They are Mocha Crinkle Cookies and are so delicious!


It might get quite around here for the next week, so I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: