Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekend Recap...




The weekends during the holiday months seem to go by so fast.  I think it's because they are so busy.  Does anyone else have this issue?  This past weekend was a busy one.

Friday:  After work I picked up my dog and went to my parents to prepare for the weekend ahead.  I had to run to the grocery store to get supplies for my cake for Sunday's dinner, but after that, it was time to relax.  I worked a little on my crochet project and tried to plan for Saturday.

Saturday:  It was time again for the annual shopping day with my grandma.  We got an early(ish) start at 10 am and by 3, we were home.  On this day, we are marathon shoppers.  I have a plan and she has a list, and we just go.  We hit about 8 different stores and she was able to finish all of her shopping!  That's exciting for her, but I'm only about 3/4 of the way finished.  I was so busy this weekend that I haven't even debriefed and figured out where I stand yet.  After shopping, it was a quick change of clothes and into Grandma's house with my cousin to set up her Christmas decorations.  Her tree was the 8th tree I have put up this year.  :)  I love Christmas trees.  She always gets us pizza too when we are finished, which was three hours later.  When I made it back to the house, it was time to bake my cake for Sunday's dinner.  I was told to bring a cake of my choice and I decided to try out my great grandmother's carrot cake recipe.  I've never made carrot cake before (but I love it!) and since it was an old family recipe, I was so nervous.  While the cake was cooling, my mom and I watched Christmas with the Kranks.  I love Tim Allen and this movie is so cute!

Sunday:  Christmas dinner with my mom's family is always so great.  I am truly blessed and very thankful that I have such great cooks on both sides of my family.  We all enjoy spending time together and catching up.  Then, throw in all of the delicious food and it makes for a great time!  There was so much to eat and many people ate their fill and then took some home.  That's what tends to happen too.  We make so much food, that we don't eat it all at once.  My grandma was the first to try my cake and her words were "tastes just like Mom's".  That made me feel so good!  I did it!  By the way, the cake was so good and I only came home with about 3 small pieces.  I ate way too much too.  When we got back to the house, I had to take a short 30 minute nap before my dad was nice enough to load up my car for me so I could come home.  I intended to clean my apartment, but my stomach was so full of food, I ended up doing nothing but laying around on the couch after walking Melody.

It was such a great weekend and there are a few more to come!  What did you do?  Grab that button up there and share!

No comments: