Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Weekend Recap...



It's amazing how quickly the holiday season goes by as a result of all of the busyness.  This past weekend was no exception.

Friday:  After a super successful holiday party at work, I came home to chill.  My plan was to work on a project, but I was so exhausted that I just read my book.  I wanted to finish it, but I had to put it down at midnight in order to go to sleep.  There were only about 90 pages to go. 

Saturday:  I finished my book!  It was really good.  I would highly recommend The Count of Monte Cristo.  So calculating, so scandalous, so intriguing.  After reading, I got all loaded up with my dog, laundry, and overnight bag to head to my parents.  Even though she is retired, my grandma always goes to her company Christmas party and this was the third year that I got to go as her date.  It's an amazing party and it was such a shock to find out that I won the centerpiece at our table!  I was the lucky one to get the 2 movies, popcorn, M&Ms, and Skittles.  (It was a movie premier theme.)  To make things even better, for the first time in 44 years, my grandmas won a prize!!  I was so happy for her.  Once I got home, I worked on my project a little bit, but it is nowhere near finished.

Sunday:  The weather was incredibly warm, high 50s.  I am really not a fan of temperatures that high in December, but my parents and I went out to enjoy it.  We hit up our favorite brewery for drinks and munchies.  It's always nice to hang out with people you care about.  I came home in the evening and spent the rest of the night with a movie and my project. I did have to take time to make my grocery list because this week I have a cookie exchange, a chili cook off, and lunch and dinner for the week.

What was your weekend like?  Did you get to relax or were you busy?

No comments: