Monday, December 1, 2014

Weekend Recap...




Holiday weekends are great, aren't they?   I loved having two days off from work and got to enjoy my family and some really good food.

Thursday:  I am very blessed to have such amazing cooks on both sides of my family.  My dad has this dressing recipe that is entirely his own and really delicious.  My mom can make just about anything.  Our turkey was perfect and I got to help cook by making two pies, the gravy, and cranberry sauce.  Awesome!

Friday:  Every year my mom and I got shopping on Black Friday.  However, we do not go at 5 am.  We like to wait until after 10 am.  By then, the crowds have dissipated and you can get through the stores so much better.  A lot of what we purchase as gifts are not included in the BF sales, or they are always significantly less expensive in about another week.  Case in point:  I bought a shirt for my dad on Friday for $30.  Starting today, it is $19.99.  Guess who will be returning a shirt and buying a new one?  Later that night, we got to watch my alma mater win the SEC East Championship!  MIZ!!!

Saturday:  I finally got my hair done!!  It's been long over due and I am so happy with it.  I cut about 4 inches off and got some textured layers.  Also, I had some lowlights put in because I felt like I was getting too blonde.  After that, my parents and I went to our favorite brewery for drinks and snacks before my mom and I went shopping again.  You know, I could spend hours and hours, and hundreds of dollars in JoAnn's.  Does anyone else have this problem?  That night, the Christmas decorations went up.  It took 3 hours to decorate the house, but it looks so pretty!!

Sunday:  I spent the entire day doing absolutely nothing.  I was exhausted from the weekend and watched the dog show that we recorded on Thursday, watched a Christmas movie, and got home fairly early, but continued to do absolutely nothing and it was perfect!

How was your weekend?  Grab that button and share!

No comments: