Monday, August 4, 2014

Weekend Recap...



The weather has heated up here.  It's incredibly sticky, muggy, humid, and hot!  Ugh.  I hate this kind of weather.  It weighs you down and I don't want to do anything that requires physical exertion.  However, I was able to get in a nice weekend, in spite of the weather.

Friday:  My mom and I left work early to get pedicures.  It was awesome, although, I was really disappointed in the massage.  That's the whole reason I go to professionals.  I can scrub my own feet and apply my own polish, but I can't give myself a good massage.  This, by the way, is the way to my heart.  That night, I visited my parents and we chilled with pizza and did nothing else.  It was nice.

Saturday:  My dad and I got up early and hit the trail for the first time in over a year and a half.  It was so nice to be out on the bikes again.  Most of the trail is in the shade, which made the ride so much better.  We rode a total of 12 miles and stopped at a little place to get a drink and rest.  This place is right on the Missouri River, as most of the trail is.  I'm so glad we got out there.  When we got home though, it was nap time for everyone.  We all had had a full morning so we all took naps.  It was awesome!  That night was another relaxing night with a movie.



Sunday:  My grandma took me and my cousin out for lunch to celebrate our birthdays since we are both in July.  We had to wait until now because of my cousin's work schedule.  Our parents joined us this time since it was a big birthday for each of us, (21 and 30).  After lunch, the weather was too hot to enjoy time outside, so we chilled in the air conditioning with more movies.  I loved it.  When I got home in the evening, my plants were looking really wilted, but I watered them and by this morning, they were perky again.  We will see if they still look pretty after today. 

What did you do over the weekend?

No comments: