Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Outside and Inside Connection

At the beginning of the year, I made a goal to look more put together everyday.  One thing about having long hair is that it's really easy to put up into a ponytail when you over sleep.  After eight months, I am proud to say that this goal has been going well.  I got really lazy with my work clothes because I work in a casual environment. Even though I do not go to work without make up on, I still wasn't putting much thought into how I looked.

Every morning, I make sure my hair looks nice.  When the weather was cooler, it spent more time down and styled.  When the weather got hot, it spent more time up.  I've made sure it looks good though.  I also take the time to accessorize my outfits everyday.  I wear at least 3 different pieces each day.  It's so much easier to do now that I have my awesome jewelry display and I can see everything that I have.  To complete the outfit, I have gotten back into wearing heals to work again.  I don't wear them every day, but I have worn them more in the past few months than I have in the past two years. 

Something else I have been doing is making time every week to give myself a manicure.  I am really hard on my hands for some reason and it used to not bother me if my nail polish was chipped or my nails weren't all the same length, or my cuticles looked bad.  Since much of my Mary Kay work is done with my hands and a handshake makes an important first impression, I have gotten a lot better at taking care of my hands.  I make time every week to clean them up, make sure they are all even, and if I don't polish them, I make sure that they are buffed. 

I am sure that to a lot of people, everything I just wrote may seem superficial or silly, but it has made me feel better this year.   You always feel better when you look better.  Right?  Does anyone agree with that?  The most important thing about this is that I made a goal and stuck with it for this long.  Now, it's becoming a habit and I hardly think about it anymore.  It's just something I do as part of my routine and I am very proud of that.  What about you?

No comments: