Monday, July 7, 2014

Weekend Recap...Vacation Edition



This past weekend seemed to go on forever, and that's a good thing.  I left for vacation on Wednesday morning with my parents and my grandma.  We had such a great time in Branson!  It was so much fun that I didn't want to leave.  I really wanted to stay longer. In fact, I think I said I wanted to move there.  :)

The weather was absolutely perfect the whole time we were there.  Our condo backed up to a golf course (it's the same one we have stayed in a few times now) and every morning and evening we would sit outside and watch the golfers, birds, and ducks.  My dad cooked us breakfast every day we were there as well, and served as driver.  I teased him that he is more familiar with Branson than the town I live in. 

While we were there, we shopped on the Landing, the Dick's Five and Dime Store, watched the Dixie Stampede, the Acrobats of China, shopped our favorite Christmas store on the strip, toured a little bit of Hollister, MO, visited the Titanic museum (my favorite!), ate at Lambert's on the way down, and one the way home, we stopped at The Cave Restaurant.  This is the only full service restaurant inside a cave!  It's pretty cool...literally and figuratively.

I absolutely love this trip and had such a great time!  Like all good things, though, it had to come to an end.  It's always nice to come home and I have to say, five days with the family is long enough.  :)

1 comment:

scrapperjen said...

That sounds like a fun weekend!