Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend Recap...



The heat and humidity came back this weekend.  It's going to get worse this week.  I heard those dreaded words during this morning's forecast:  "heat index".  The air conditioner had to be turned back on. However, the weekend was great.

I spent a lot of time this weekend crossing things off my to do list.  It's nice to see those things getting crossed off, but I didn't get everything I wanted done.  I did get my apartment cleaned (and dusted!) and that always makes you feel so much better.  Thanks to my wonderful parents, I have a beautiful bouquet of flowers sitting on top of a vintage table runner on my dining room table.  Fresh flowers always brighten the day. 

Melody and I went to the dog park and boy did she get dirty.  She likes to put her feet in the water and then run through the dirt.  Needless to say, she wasn't allowed to walk through the house when we got home.  I immediately put her in the tub.  We've been extending our walks a little bit by sitting outside by the pond (still no fountain!) and because of this, I have been getting bit by bugs.  I hate bugs.  At least Melody has fun watching the frogs.

I made Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes with homemade biscuits to take for lunch this week.  They are so yummy!  You really should try them.  The individual sizes are perfect.  I find cooking to be very therapeutic too.  Do you?  I love to cook, however, being single, much of the food goes to waste, so I don't cook a whole lot.  At the present time, I am working on eating my way through my food stores before things go bad.  That's how I made these pot pies, I had the filling in my freezer from the last time I made them.

While I was picking up some milk, Angry Orchard, and breakfast items at the store yesterday, I was carded.  When you are about to turn thirty in a matter of a couple days, that really makes you smile.  At least I did.  That young man made my day.  I think the ponytail had something to do with it.  I always seem to get carded when I put my hair up.  At least I've still got "it".  :)


No comments: