Thursday, July 31, 2014

It's Only Thursday

The alarm went off this morning and I just looked at it like it was a cruel beast pulling me out of my slumber.  Beautiful light was pouring in through my window and Melody was snuggled up next to me.  However, I did not want to get out of bed.  It feels like this week is just dragging on and there is still another work day to go before the weekend.

Today, I would have been better off in my sweats and a scrunchie than trying to actually look pulled together.  I managed a cute outfit with accessories and even my MK pin.  Although, my hair was really wet when I went to bed last night and instead of fixing it this morning, it's in a frizzy ponytail.  But, I don't really care.  My energy has dropped and I am just ready to get through this week.

I'd much rather be at home in my comfy clothes reading on the couch, or by the pool.  Melody and I could be on the trail or at the dog park.  I could be soaking up the sunshine if the near-perfect weather.  Instead, I am sitting in a corner under florescent lights counting down the minutes until lunch.

Does anyone else feel this way?  I can't be the only one.  I don't really like days (or weeks) like this.  They aren't productive and definitely aren't efficient.  Also, who likes to feel like they are in a slump?  Who wants the days to go by faster?  Right now though, I think I should just submit to the day for now and determine how to refocus my energy for better uses later.  Maybe I just need some sleep?

No comments: