Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Place to Keep Everything Together

I went into Staples yesterday with the specific purpose of getting my planner and an ink cartridge.  I am happy to report that I made it out of the store with only those two items.  However, they have started moving everything in for their back to school sales and let's just say that it was very difficult to put the blinders up and keep moving.  I should not be allowed in office supply stores any time during the summer.  I've mentioned before that I have a minor obsession with office supplies.  One supply in particular is notebooks.  I love notebooks.  I have quite the collection of notebooks. 

Anyway, back to the planner.  I spent a few weeks researching and comparing before I decided on a design.  A planner that I use everyday must be pretty to look at. As far as style goes, I know that I like to have a reference to each month with tabs.  This makes it easier to see what lies ahead without flipping through pages.  For each week, I like the two page per week layout.  Mine has a column for each day and the hours are divided by 15 minute increments.  I love this layout.  I'm able to place reminders right next to appointments and events.  I've been known to write "go to grocery store" in my planner at 5 pm so that I remember to stop on my way home from work.  My planner is also an 8 1/2" by 11" size.  I love the small planners that you could throw in your purse, but I have large, messy handwriting and I need the space. 



I've been using this style of planner for over a year now and I am very satisfied.  It took a lot of trial and error before I found one that I liked and would use.  I know that I don't currently use my planner to its full potential yet, but I'm working on that.  Now that a new seminar year has begun in Mary Kay, I can't wait to fill it up with all of those appointments I'm going to have!


No comments: