Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What Happened?

What do you get when you combine the following?

Over two months of "go, go, go",

Approximately 8 projects in the works,

Helping a friend move who happens to give you what ever didn't fit in her car,

An order of demo products that haven't made it to the bag yet,

Two month's worth of mail,

Shirts that cannot go in the dryer,

Recently going through stuff and gathering for a garage sale,

And a complete lack of energy in the evenings?


You get something that looks like this:




Let's see that again:




And, one more time:




I'm keeping it real with you here.  I didn't touch anything to take these photos.  There's a laptop somewhere on that desk. 

Oh my goodness, I could not stand this room.  It's kind of a catch all.  I go in every day to turn on the music for Melody when I leave for work, but for the past couple of months, I haven't done much of anything else in here.  It's a space that I can walk by and almost not notice.  That is, until it got this bad.  So, one night, while Will and Grace was playing on TV, I went in to just "get started".  About two hours later, I was done.  I really can't remember how long it took me but I think it was about that long.

The shirts hanging to dry (it's hard to see, but there are four)?  They got put away in my closet.  The demo products overflowing on my desk?  Place in my bag for skin care classes.  The piles of paperwork, including my mail?  Sort, filed, and dealt with.  Melody's blanket?  Placed back in her pen...even though it never stays there.  The printer on my file cabinet that didn't work?  Removed and replaced with one given to me by aforementioned friend.  The large tote of photos?  Stored in the closet until the proper containers can be purchased.  The two white bags and box of garage sale stuff?  Loaded into my car and delivered to my parents' basement for storage.  The gray lattice?  Pulled out to begin jewelry display.  The black lattice?  Placed to the side waiting for completion of an inspiration board.  The box of office supplies on top of the tote? Sorted and reorganized on my desk.  The bags of stuff in the corner by the window?  Sorted and stored in proper places.  The dish pan on top of my chair used for pedicures?  Stored with the rest of my supplies.  The tote on my chair containing some trash?  Dumped and stored away.  The trash can?  Emptied and the bag replaced. 

So, after all of that, what are you left with?  Something that looks like this:



So much better:



And one last time:



I had to wait until the next afternoon to take the after photos so the light would be better.  Doesn't it look so much better?  I actually want to walk into the room now and I can do so without tripping over something.  One reason I like to clean and organize is because you can always see an immediate difference.  The results are instant and that makes me happy.

No comments: