Monday, June 30, 2014

Weekend Recap



Two weekends in a row spent in my apartment!  That's awesome since I've been running everywhere for the past couple of months.

Friday:  I love my Friday evenings.  They are always simple and relaxing.  Melody and I took a walk around the neighborhood and visited with our favorite office worker for a little bit before returning home for a long game of fetch.  Then, I did some writing and chilled for the rest of the night.

Saturday:  I wanted to go to the pool, but I knew Melody hadn't been to the park in a while, so I took her their first.  We hung out at the dog park for an hour before the sky got really cloudy and started threatening to rain.  When we got home, I was prepared to go to the pool, but the rain stopped me.  Instead, I went with my mom to get a pedicure and a hair trim.  Totally spur of the moment, but very fun.  That evening, I cooked a little dinner for myself and played with Melody before settling in for a movie. 

Sunday:  While enjoying my morning coffee, I knocked a project off my to-do list and then spent a good half hour searching with Melody for her favorite ball.  My apartment is only 750 square feet, so there aren't many places for it to go.  It was finally found under the kitchen cabinet.  There is a space by the stove that it had rolled into.  After that, I finally got to enjoy the pool!  Three hours of relaxing and reading before coming back in when it got too hot.  I didn't want to burn before going on vacation, so I spent the rest of the day playing with Melody.  In the evening, I watched Julie & Julia for the first time and really liked that movie.  I thought it was really good. 

Now it's back to work for a couple of days.  What did you do over the weekend?  I'd love to hear about it.

1 comment:

Kim @ Kimberleys Quests said...

I love Julie & Julia, the book and the movie! We did a couple mini road trips, checking out little towns and eating ice cream! Pretty fun!
Happy Monday!