Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Weekend Recap...


Friday:  Is it bad that I don't even remember what I did on Friday?  I've been really exhausted lately, so I know I didn't do anything that required a lot of effort.

Saturday:  Ran a couple of errands before going to my parents' house.  We had a graduation party that evening, so I made Loaded Baked Potato Dip and my mom made her famous cheesecake.  While sitting outside and watching the birds, we noticed a squirrel in our old birdhouse.  The hole has been enlarged by the woodpeckers over the years, but I was still a little surprised to see a squirrel could fit in there.  The graduation party was a lot of fun, but we had to leave early because we had a wicked storm come through our area that night.  We made it home just before it started to rain.  I mean, within two minutes. 

Sunday:  Mom and I spent the morning on the patio with coffee and tea watching the birds.  It's always a lot of fun to watch them because there are so many trees for them to fly between.  I helped Dad with a few chores before Mom and I went to visit Grandma.  That evening, I cooked dinner.  Dad even taught me how to use the gas grill (that was a first for me).  While waiting for dinner, we found out why there was a squirrel in the birdhouse.  She had had babies!  Very quietly, we watched her move her 5 (5!) babies one by one from the birdhouse on the post to the tree in the side yard.  It was so cool to see.  I have to say I had never seen anything like that before!

How was your weekend?

No comments: