Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend Recap...

This past weekend was supposed to be relaxing and full of planting.  It ended up being very busy.

Friday:  This was a busy day at work.  I was working right up to the last minute dealing with a really huge trip coming up for my boss that we were trying to book airfare for.  It was a mess.  Earlier that day, in a training session, I pulled out a cup sleeve and I thought it was just perfect.  Do you think it was fate? 


That night, I had a skin care class and it was a big success!

Saturday:  My mom and I enjoyed some coffee and tea on the patio in the sunshine while watching the birds.  It would have been even more perfect if they annoying neighbor hadn't been mowing for 5 hours straight.  Afterwards, we went with my Dad to pick up some firewood from my grandpa and while visiting with him, I got two plant stands, a stainless steel cart, and a lot of necklaces from his neighbor's collection.  She passed away over the winter and they were planning to have a sale with her belongings.  I am so excited about what I got.  Also, we stopped at my favorite flea market and I brought home a cool black vase and a Garfield mug.  Later that night, after dinner, Mom and I were invited to a friend's house to watch Frozen and play with my friend's new puppy.  He was so cute!

Sunday:  My grandma's birthday was this weekend and my gift to her was to spring clean her house.  Sunday morning, my mom and I got started at 8:30 am and didn't finish until after noon.  And we still didn't get the whole house completed.  She's got a lot of "stuff" and we dusted so much of it.  There is still the kitchen and dining room left, but that will have to be another day.  After relaxing for a little bit in the sun, my parents and I went for drinks and munchies and I finally came home to relax some more.  I actually fell asleep in my chair for about an hour. 

How was your weekend?

No comments: