Thursday, May 29, 2014

Random Thursday: Things I Love About My BFF




It's been a while, but I'm back in on linking up for Random Thursday.



Mrs. P and I have been best friends for almost 23 years.  We first met at one school in the first grade.  Then, her family moved to another town.  A little while later, my family moved to the same town (our parents didn't know each other yet).  I still remember my first day of third grade and standing in the door to the classroom with my dad and my teacher and seeing Mrs. P nearing jumping out of her seat from excitement.  I believe it was destiny that said we should be friends.  Let me share with you some things I love about Mrs. P:


1.  She is like my sister, but way cooler.

2.  We don't always have to talk when we are together, but we can talk for hours.

3.  We've been through a lot of stuff together.

4.  Her children are my honorary nephews.

5.  She's really funny and can get you laughing so hard that your face and sides hurt.

6.  Mrs. P is also really intelligent.  When we were growing up, there were many times I wished I was as smart as her.

7.  She's very passionate.  When she gets stuck on a topic, she can go forever.

8.  She is one of the best cooks I know.  I come from a family of really good cooks, and Mrs. P fits right in there with them.

9.  Supportive and helpful are two other words that come to mind to describe her.  Many times she has helped me work through something and she is there for you when you need her.

10.  She has one green eye and one blue and they often switch back and forth.  It's so awesome!

11.  In many aspects, we couldn't be more different, but there is enough common ground to keep us together.  It's amazing how so many of our tastes and interests are different.  Actually, it's comical.

12.  No matter how long we've been apart, when we come back together, it's like we never separated.


2 comments:

Katrin said...

Your friend sounds wonderful! You are really meant to be best friends! :)
Thanks for linking up, sweetie!

Lin said...

Aw, she totally sounds like an awesome person. Then again, she'd have to be to be your BFF ;)