Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekend Recap....

This past weekend was AWESOME!!  I spent it at Mary Kay Career Conference. It's such a great event that is filled with recognition, education, and fabulous girl time.  Oh, and we can't forget the fantastic prizes.  I haven't won one yet, but I know my time is coming. 

I learned some things, heard amazing stories, met new people, and got inspired.  I have a plan now for the next 100 days and I'm excited to put it into action. 


After the conference, I spent time with my parents and watched 12 Years a Slave.  I thought the movie was good and the fact that it was based on a true story was interesting.  I have a theory that when you've seen one slavery movie, you've seen them all.  Just like when you've seen one war movie, you've seen them all.  The only thing that made this one different was that Solomon was a free man that was forced and sold into slavery.

I have to give my dad a nice little shout out here.  He did a task for me on Sunday that I really didn't want to do, but it really needed to be done.  He was kind enough to clean out my shower drain.  (gross) Thanks, Daddy!

How was your weekend?


No comments: