Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend Recap...

 

Did anyone else have trouble sleeping last night?  I laid in bed for over 3 hours last night trying to fall asleep.  Daylight Savings can really cause a problem sometimes.

Friday:  I went out with the girls for a quick drink/dinner and had a great time.  It's so nice to catch up and share.  The rest of the evening was spent doing laundry.

Saturday:  I was finally able to get all of my Christmas decorations out of my closet and back into my parents' basement.  They have more storage than I do and are very generous to allow me to store items there.  Now, I can walk into my closet and get to what I need.  It's nice.  After loading all that up, we went out to lunch and enjoyed each other's company.  It was so nice.  That evening, Mom and went to play Bingo to support the local senior center and I am happy to report that for the first time in over a year, I finally won!  I won $30 for that game and I was so excited.

Sunday:  Finally finished all of my laundry.  There was so much since I was sick for over a week, I didn't do laundry for two weeks.  Then, I washed all of my blankets that I used while I was sick.  That was a lot of laundry.  I think it totaled about 6 loads.  My dad barbequed for the first time this season and it was so delicious!  The weather was nice and sunny and the barbeque was super yummy!  My parents are good cooks.  When I made it home, I was able to open up my windows and let the sun shine in and also air out the apartment for a while.  I turned my heat off and do not have plans to turn it back on.  If it gets cold, I will wear more clothes around the house. 

Since December, I have had a heavy blanket hanging over my sliding door/window in the living room to block the horrible draft that was there during the coldest months of the year.  Because of this blanket, it has been incredibly dark in my apartment and it was so nice to finally take it down last night.  I love having the blinds open and all of the light pouring in.  It was so nice to put my place back in order and do some light cleaning as well.  Now, I am ready to embrace spring and all of the projects I have on my ever-growing list.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments: