Thursday, March 13, 2014

Random Thursday: Why I Started Blogging




This week's topic: 



Well, I received an email one day a few years ago from a friend saying that she had started a blog.  I began reading it every day and she would have links to others that I would enjoy.  We were roommates once, so we had similar taste.  From each of those blogs, I would find links to others that I would like.  I soon had a list of favorites and wanted a place to keep all of them within easy access.

I also thought the idea was cool and I wanted to share my thoughts as well.  I wanted my own little corner.  A place where I could say what was on my mind and record happenings of life somewhere that wouldn't get lost.  I've always enjoyed journaling, so why not start my own blog?

It all began on Wordpress and then moved here not too much later.  I began blogging in 2008 and haven't looked back.  At first, I shared a lot of frustration from my times planning events and dealing with bridezillas and horrible bosses and stupid people.  This is the number one reason why I use an alias.  Eventually, I shared more and more and then switched jobs. 

A couple of years ago, I decided that since I was in a happier place, I wouldn't blog about work all of the time.  It's been going well too.  I only mention work a little bit now and it's usually not bad.  :)  I've also started routine posts, like my Weekend Recap, Ten on Tuesday link up, Random Thursday link up, and my yearly Reflections in the fall.  (although, I missed last year) I started posting book reviews as a way to remember every book I read and whether or not I liked it enough to read it again.  I hope my reviews help others as well.

I love this blog of mine and I plan to share more personal thoughts this year.  A while back, the blog got a makeover and has become a place to support people for who they are.  No matter how quirky.  Hence, my tagline up there.  But, this will always remain my personal journal and I will share and say what I want.

3 comments:

Katrin said...

Thanks for sharing your story! I am glad you started blogging and happy that you always link up with us! It is so cool that you are blogging for such a long time already!

AG said...

love it! I think it's great that you do what you want in your blog! I feel the same way--my blog is reallllly boring but I like that it's my place to remember the things that were going on in my life. And you're my most faithful reader so thank you for blogging and sharing my blog too! :)

Martha Woods said...

Attitude is a good thing! :) And yay for work not being such a drag any more!