Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekend Recap...

I had originally planned for this past weekend to be a peaceful and studious one.  That didn't happen.

Friday:  I delivered my cookies to my Grandma for the bake sale and spent the rest of the evening with my parents and the dogs.  They are getting cabin fever from being stuck inside with all of the snow and ice, so they kept going in and out of the house all night long.  It got really annoying.

Saturday:  In the morning, I read quite a bit.  Then, my mom and I went to support my aunt and cousin in the Polar Plunge.  They are crazy!  It's a great cause though and I am so proud of them.  The weather was supposed to be in the 40s, but it was 24 degrees when they went into the water.  The ice was so thick that the crew had to take chainsaws and a backhoe to break up the 14 inches of ice.  Insane. 

I have a small annoyance with cell phone stores.  My parents desperately needed new phones, so on Saturday afternoon, my mom and I went to the store to get them.  Why does it always take over an hour to get a new phone?  We were in the store for 2 full hours.  WTH?!  That's incredibly frustrating.  Afterward though, Mrs. P and I got the spend the rest of the night with snacks, wine, and chick flicks.  We laughed so much that night that my face and stomach hurt.  It was so awesome!

Sunday:  I read some more and have made it halfway through my 4th book for the year.  Most of the day was spent finishing up the laundry and watching House Hunters.  Man, I really love HGTV.  Dad cooked dinner for all of us and sent way too much home with me.  Once again, I don't have to cook for the next few days.  I did manage to get a little studying in for MK last night.  After I watched Mamma Mia, of course. 

How was your weekend?

No comments: