Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Recap...

Friday:  I spent the evening playing with Melody and bracing myself for the freezing temperatures and icy mix we were getting.  On my way home from work, I passed two accidents.  I don't think they were anything too bad.  I do know that I had a hard time getting up a hill though.  It just wasn't a good night to travel.

Saturday:  I had plans to go to my parents but when I carried my stuff out to my car, I couldn't get across the parking lot to my car.  That's how bad the ice was.  I much prefer snow; at least you get a little bit of traction.  The ice was awful, so I turned around and went back inside.  I read my book (and finished it!) with Home Improvement playing in the background.  My dad sent me a message at 10 pm saying he could pick me up when he got off work if I wanted him to.  That was a really nice offer and took him up on it.  I made it to my parents' house at 1 in the morning.  We all chatted for a bit before I fell into bed.  I'm not used to staying up that late.

Sunday:  We went to a friend's house for a Super Bowl party and it was a lot of fun.  For the game, I naturally chose Seattle to win, but I kept it secret because all of our friends are Broncos fans.  To be honest, I didn't care who won, I just wanted to see a good game.  I hate watching a game that's a complete blowout.  What a disappointment.  Also, the commercials sucked.  There were only a couple that were decent.  Many of them tried too hard to be funny and fell real short.  Something needs to be done about that.

This morning, I had to ride in with my mom, so I could have been early to work today.  Instead, I spent over half an hour trying to defrost my car enough to see to drive.  What a waste of gas.  It's still covered in ice, but at least I could see out of my windows a little bit.

How was your weekend?

No comments: