Thursday, February 13, 2014

Random Thursday: What I Love/Hate About Valentine's Day




Valentine's Day.




Ugh.


My personal opinion?  Overrated.  Even when I was in a relationship, I thought it was a little overrated. 

I'm really not into it all that much.  My favorite Valentines come from my parents and my grandma.  They are sweet cards.  I like cards. I always love to get cards.

I don't particularly like roses.

Red is my least favorite color.  I only like it in holiday decorations, but this holiday is too much red.  It's Red Overload.

As I've mentioned before, chocolate isn't my favorite.  I do eat it, just not a lot.  If you want to buy me candy, give me Mike and Ikes or Hot Tamales.

I don't heart shapes.  It makes me feel like a little child with hearts all over everything.  Blech.

When you're single, this holiday can make you feel very lonely.  Although, it can also make you want to go out and see if you can meet any other single people.  However, I will not be going out this year because I am preparing for a bake sale.

There seems to be an abundance of "cutesy cutesy" stuff around Valentine's Day.  I'm not a "cutesy cutesy" person.

All of this may make me sound bitter.  That's alright.  The biggest irony is this:  I am a hopeless romantic.

2 comments:

Martha Woods said...

Chocolate isn't your favorite?! Oy vey! That's one of my favorite parts of the holiday! :D

Katrin said...

I also think it is overrated. But I do love getting cards! I like that any day of the year though. :)
Thanks for linking up and have fun baking, sweetie!