Monday, January 6, 2014

Recap

It's been quite a while since my last post.  Two full weeks to be exact.  Don't worry, there wasn't some emergency that kept me away.  In fact, I took a nice vacation at Christmas and didn't return to work until the 2nd.  I was enjoying my time off so much, I never turned on my computer.  It was really nice.  Melody and I got to spend some quality time together.  Christmas was awesome!  It really was one of the best holidays in a while. 

I've been spending a lot of time examining my life right now and what my options are for the future.  I will go into more detail at a later date, but this year holds promise to be a big year.  Not only will I celebrate a big birthday (30!), but there are other possibilities that need careful consideration.

I'm sure you have seen the reports about the extreme temperatures that have struck this past weekend.  I was able to stay in and enjoy my dog and my movies.  It was nice to have a weekend where I didn't have to go anywhere or do anything.  I organized my pantry cabinet and that was the only productive thing I did all weekend.  There was more I should have done, but I just didn't do it.  However, with temperatures barely above zero and negative wind chills, there was still a crew removing the old siding from our building and attaching more.  Really?  This isn't a joke.  Deadline or no deadline, their foreman is cruel for making them work in such temperatures.  I spent all weekend listening to banging and banging and worrying about the workers.  They are back at it again today, which just happens to be the coldest day our city has seen since 1989.

I made my list of projects that aren't related to work last night and oh my!  I've got a lot of projects to tackle.  Some of which need to be done ASAP, others aren't as important, but have been on my list for almost 2 years.  Yes, I made a list of projects when I moved into my apartment and they are still there.  :(

I guess I should get to work on these....

No comments: