Monday, December 23, 2013

Weekend Recap...

Time needs to slow down just a bit. I can't believe that Christmas Eve is tomorrow.  I know I will wake up on Thursday and the magical holiday will be over way too fast.

Friday:  My mom was nice enough to pick up my dog for me, so after work, I only had to grab my laundry basket before going up for the weekend.  That night was the annual tractor parade in my hometown.  Every year, farmers put light displays on their tractors for the holidays.  They are so creative and spectacular.  It seems to get bigger every year.  This time, a train came through town and split the parade in half for a few minutes.

Saturday:  It was time for the gift exchange with Mrs. P's family.  She made french toast and we had a wonderful breakfast, then a gift exchange.  I loved seeing their faces when they opened their gifts.  It was a great year!  Afterward, we enjoyed some coffee and a rousing game of Life.  The seven year old beat me terribly at that game.  I can never win.  I hope this isn't how life will be for me.  :) 

We had ice come through the area overnight, so my car was completely covered.  There was over a half inch of ice on my car.  I could barely get into it.  Thank goodness for remote start.

Sunday:  My dad was nice enough to move my car into the garage and put a space heater on it to melt the ice.  I had to come back to my place that day so the car had to be thawed.  It took a few hours, but we made progress.  Now, there is just some on the side panels, the trunk, and the roof.  It's not too bad.  Although, it did ruin my plans to go see The Hobbit.  I couldn't make it to the movie on time, so now I will have to wait.  A friend and I were planning to see it together.  Between both of our vacations, we will probably have to wait for it to come out on video.

I spent the evening relaxing by myself.  Melody stayed with my parents, so I chilled with Will and Grace and fell asleep on the couch waiting for the news.  What an exciting life I lead.

How was your weekend?  Are you ready for the holiday?

No comments: