Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekend Recap...

This past weekend as busy.  As is nearly every weekend during the holiday season.

Friday:  It was time for Christmas party #2 that night at work.  This one was a big and kind of fancy reception and I was completely out of my element.  If you read on Twitter, you would know that I stepped way out of my comfort zone and talked to 16 different people that night.  As an introvert, this is a very big deal. 

Saturday:  My grandma and I went Christmas shopping.  The day was cold, but we stuck it out and went all over the place finding great items.  Lucky for her, she just has to pick up a couple of small items and she is done.  I'm not even halfway done yet.  I will be spending my lunch breaks this week trying to finish up.  I need a plan before I begin that though.  That night, I did laundry and made an Angel Food Cake for the first time.  I don't understand what the pan is in two parts and I was worried that the batter would leak out, but I realized while making it why it doesn't.  The batter looks like marshmellow fluff, it is so thick!

Sunday:  It was Christmas party #3!  This one was our big family dinner.  We had fewer people this year, but it was still a great time.  As always, there was way too much food!  My mom had to make casserole to take and she made me my own to take home.  She also gave me the leftover cheesecake.  On top of that, Dad made chili last night, so I was sent home with some of that as well.  I also have about 4 pieces of my cake left, so I won't have to cook this week at all!  We were all surprised with gifts at the dinner by the hosts and I got a wallflower that I have always wanted, but was a little worried about purchasing because every outlet (I mean, every one) is upside down.  When I got home, I learned that the plug can be turned and doesn't have two different sized prongs, so I was able to plug it in!  Yay!  My aparment smells really good now.

Sunday evening was spent with a Christmas movie and wrapping gifts for tomorrow's party/luncheon.  My dining room table is filled with gifts thanks to donors like me and my mom.  :) 

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

tulleandtrinkets.com said...

I'm addicted to Wall Flowers ... I have the Frosted Cranberries scent going in our house right now :)

Sounds like you had a fun, festive weekend!!