Friday, December 6, 2013

It's December Already? What?!

Wow, I cannot believe how fast this year seemed to go by.  I wasn't very prepared for December.  Especially since I'm not done with my Christmas shopping.  I've got to make my list out tonight because my grandma and I are going out tomorrow.  Hopefully I can finish or at least come very close to doing so.

This past week seemed to go by fast too.  I keep thinking of things that need to be added to my to do list.  It's amazing how busy the holiday season really is.  Allow me to share with you what's been going on lately:

I got my Christmas decorations up on Sunday.  They make me smile and I plan to do a special post for them.

Melody got a hair cut yesterday.  I decided to have them remove her top knot just to see what it would look like and because it is always a mess.  Well, she looks a lot like a poodle now.  She's still cute though, but I might not keep it that way.

After over 40 hours of work, I finally finished my puzzle I was working on.  Melody had only eaten one piece, so the puzzle contains 999 pieces.  The whole thing was put together for about 5 minutes before I decided to take it apart so I could get my living room back to normal.  I had it out on a card table and I wanted to get that put away.

Thanksgiving was amazing.  My mom and I went out on Black Friday, but it was after 10 am and we were only out for a few hours.  There wasn't anything that we wanted that bad, but we always go shopping.  Question: Why do people feel they have to stop in the middle of a busy aisle to talk on their phone, check their list, look at the ads, etc.?  Move out of the way.

I've been planning the Christmas party for my work and it has been going really well.  We will have a record breaking attendance this year and I've got some fun activities planned.  It's going to be a blast!

I went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in a very long time.  I will only tell you that it had been more than a year since my last visit.  I'm not going to tell you exactly how long though.  However, my teeth were as nearly as bad as I thought.  In fact, I was told they looked great.  I just need to floss more.  Duh!

I started reading A Christmas Carol over the weekend.  It's such a good book!  I'm really enjoying it and I got The Christmas Chronicles in the mail yesterday, so hopefully, I will be able to start the second in the series soon.

I finally painted my nails for the first time since before the play opened in October.  They look really good this time around.  I've got them all the same length and the color is gold to be festive for this weekend.

I've got Christmas party #2 tonight and I am a little nervous about it.  It's a party with the higher ups at work.  I hope I don't freeze up or make a fool of myself.

Are big family dinner and Christmas party #3 is this Sunday.  I have to make Angel Food Cake, which I have never made before.  A special thanks to my grandma and supervisor for allowing me to borrow their pans.  I also have to take Deviled Eggs (gross!).

I made a big pot of vegetable and noodle soup this week and it's been really tasty.  I'm thinking I might freeze some for a later date.

I've watched two Christmas movies this week already and have put my tree and decorations up in my office as well.  Did anyone else watch Christmas in Rockefeller Center this week?  I love to watch them light up the tree.  I guess it is safe to say that Christmas trees are my favorite decoration.

I think this pretty much wraps up the past week.  Have you been busy?

No comments: