Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Special Surprise

While going through my email yesterday, I came across a message from Starbucks.  Well, it's no surprise that I love Starbucks, but I never get email from them at work and the email system had added in the subject line "Beware, Suspected Spam".  I was curious, but cautious still. 

In the reading pane of my email, I saw the name of a particular graduate student who does a lot of work with my boss.  This is what the message looked like:




At first, I didn't believe it, but when I confirmed with her later that day that she did, in fact, send me this wonderful gift, I was completely blown away.  She is so generous and sweet.  This little gift really made my day.  Graduate students do not make a lot of money.  I know this.  This particular student has a husband and small child as well.  For her to give me a gift like this just warms my heart. 



I never expect anything at all from the people I work with, especially from students.   This is proof that it really are the small things in life that bring you (me) happiness. 

No comments: