Thursday, November 21, 2013

Random Thursday: Things I Like About Cold Weather






This week's topic:



Okay, let's see if I can narrow down my favorite things about cold weather.  I am much more of a cold weather person.   I hate being hot.


1.  Snow:  Yes, I like snow, particularly around Christmas.  My thoughts are that if it's going to be cold, I better have something pretty to look at.

2.  Hoodies and sweatpants:  They are the best!  I have one certain hoodie that I got on a trip to England about 12 years ago (and it still fits!) that is the perfect weight.  Heavy enough to keep me warm, and light enough so I don't get overheated.

3.  Puzzles, reading, movies:  I love movies and reading all year round, but it's great to curl up on the couch in your favorite sweats with a good book or movie.  Plus, cold weather is perfect for puzzles.  I am making progress on the one I started at the beginning of the week.  I just started on the "hard" part.

4.  Gingerbread lattes:  They are my favorite drink from Starbucks at Christmastime. 

5.  Snuggling with my puppy:  Melody gets really active when the weather gets colder but at night, she curls up right next to me and snuggles all night long.  It's awesome and super sweet.

Want to join in?  Link up here.

2 comments:

Martha Woods said...

A gingerbread latte sounds good right now!!

Katrin said...

Snuggling with pets is definitely a great thing to do! And I want to start a puzzle soon too! It is so much fun!
Thanks so much for linking up, dear!