Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Recap....

This past weekend was great!  Did you have a good weekend? What did you do?

Friday:  My mom was nice enough to pick up Melody after work and take her home with her.  I had rehearsal that lasted until about 8:30 pm or so and afterward, we all went to a local pizzeria for some fantastic pizza, a drink, and some fun.  It was great to get to know the others a little better.  Afterward, I went to my parents house for the weekend.

Saturday:  My dad promised to not wake us up before 8:30 am, but he was banging around and making so much noise at around 7 am.  He gets restless in the mornings apparently.  Although, he did make his amazing pancakes for us before we started on some chores.  That afternoon, Mom and I went to Melody's graduation and I am so proud to say that she has officially graduated from Intermediate Training!  She did so well!  Then, we went shopping for a little and I got a cute owl hanger for my door.  Saturday evening was spent relaxing and catching up on some shows. 

Sunday:  I was able to finish all of the laundry on Saturday, so Sunday was such a relaxing day.  Dad left for the day and Mom and I were able to take care of some things around the house like organizing a kitchen cabinet, moving some furniture around, hanging some artwork, etc.  It was so nice to not have to get motivated by any particular time.  I think it was after 1 pm before we actually started doing anything.  We also got the Halloween decorations out, both at the house and at my apartment. 

It wasn't very eventful, but it was so great.  I've got some busy weeks coming up, so I want to make sure I am able to take some time to myself.  With rehearsals every night, set build on the weekends, my Dad's birthday this week, and a craft show that I really want to go to, not to mention numerous meetings in the next 2-3 weeks and work commitments, it will be a very busy month for me.

No comments: