Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Weekend Recap...

I had a splendid weekend.  Really splendid!

Friday:  After work, instead of chilling like I usually do, I went out with the girls.  We started at a new place in town for a snack and a drink.  Then, it was off to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner.  I had never been there before and it was super delicious.  After dinner, we went to a rooftop bar and almost crashed a House Hunters viewing party.  A local couple had been on the show and their episode aired that night.  Luckily, they had extra TVs that were pointing in our direction.  It was fun to watch the show and recognize places you see every day.  The weather was cool and perfect.  I must mentioned that there was a lot of laughter.  A lot.  Such a great night.

Saturday:  I got my hair done!  Yay!  It looks sooooo much better.  After my appointment, I went and did something crazy.  Something that I have only talked about doing before.  I auditioned for a play at the community theater.  Yes I did.  I was so nervous because it's been quite a while since I was involved in anything theater.  It lasted for two hours, but I left with good feelings.  The director wouldn't know his decision until Monday night.  After the audition, Melody and I went to my parents and while she played with Annie, I went to play Bingo with my Grandma.  I actually had a Bingo for the first time in years, but I missed it.  I was too busy laughing at a friend at the table.  I completely missed out on $25.  I wasn't the only one though.  Another lady missed one too later on.

Sunday:  My parents and I spent the morning/afternoon staining the deck.  It was rebuilt last year after the serious hail storm and it had to "season" for a full year. (what?)  The color my dad picked out was something completely different.  The color before was a warm chestnut brown.  The new color is a redwood color.  Very bright and pretty.  It makes such a huge difference.  However, you never realize how much wood trim you have until you start staining it.  The deck, the railings, the two retaining walls, and a fence line.  It looks so great though.  After resting for a while, I came home and finally cleaned my apartment.  The cobwebs are gone and everything looks cleaned again.  Yay!

How was your weekend?

No comments: